Key responsibilities but are not limited to:
Ensures Customer and Market Growth (consumer and trade)
– Develop marketing plan for Brand:
· Consider global Brand objectives and marketing guidelines together with local market / competitive trends to:
– Formulate local marketing objectives and strategies
– Make product assortment and pricing decisions
– Formulate volume and profit budgets by category
– Make decisions on promotional items and creative concepts
– Develop media strategy
· Create and manage fiscal year Marketing, Education, social media and Influencer budgets.
· Develop on and offline channel marketing strategies and negotiate co-op advertising, promotional and visual merchandising plans with retail partners.
· Develop annual media spend strategy including trade shows
· Work closely with Online to build the direct to consumer channel
· Manage the database
· Manage CRM strategy utilising Brand CRM programs and retailer customer Communication programs.
· Build strong relationships with business partners, press, tastemakers and key customers.
· Tailor the global communications strategy to gain local media coverage, maintain strong editorial position and grow our share of voice year on year.
· Ensure new products and relevant story angles are pitched to media and key influencers annually to secure coverage beyond product mentions, such as feature stories.
· Investigate and identify local opportunities to promote and build positioning of the brand particularly with events, designers, influencers and other partnerships.
· Social Media – prepare quarterly a social media calendar to coincide with promotions/product launches and PR strategy
· Execute a social media strategy designed at gaining engagement and driving consumers to our online store and gaining new salon business
– Spearheads market analysis
· Analyse the business and identify market-specific opportunities for growth, in terms of product, promotions and creative concepts, especially when they deviate from global/regional priorities.
· Work with CMO to health check brands and formulate appropriate strategies and action plans.
· Analyse market information/trends via data from Beauty Update and retailer results.
· Monitor trends in customers, products, prices, channels, editorial and competition.
· Regularly visit salons to view competitor activity and gain feedback – identify opportunities and develop strategies as needed.
· Drive preparation of editorial and share of voice analysis.
· Manage all analysis for pricing, cost of goods and SKU rationalisation.
· Conduct post-launch evaluation of major programs.
· Identify cost-savings and value-enhancing opportunities.
Manages Operational Effectiveness
· Ensure strong execution of Brand marketing and communications plans/calendars.
· Oversee the processes critical to the execution of those plans e.g. Sales forecasts, Creative Requests, Media briefs, Event Management and Marketing Bulletins.
· Manage marketing and communications activities associated with new door introductions.
· Work with supply chain and Inventory management to ensure planning accuracy and appropriate inventory levels.
· Create action plans to reduce excess inventory levels within targets.
· On a daily basis, within social media – work with Creative Director on strategic posting, engagement
· Work with key support office partners in the planning, negotiation and execution of all programs, in particular Sales and Education.
· Arrange seasonal retailer strategy meetings and present and negotiate marketing calendar and coop support programs
· Present seasonal marketing calendars to the rest of the team. Ensure any changes to programs are communicated timeously.
· Oversee the development of materials for seasonal strategies and promotions
– Digital Marketing Management
Leads and Develops People
· Provide leadership and guidance to the Marketing and Communications team and support to indirect reports within the Brand.
· Establish high workplace operating standards and values.
· Appraise team and contractor performance to ensure department objectives are achieved and maintained.
· Clearly communicate priorities and required results with the team.
· Conduct regular Marketing & Communications team update meetings to review plans, share information and ideas across disciplines and encourage communication and teamwork.
· Elicit diverse points of view and acknowledge the views and contributions of others.
Workplace, Health and Safety (WHS):
· Take reasonable O&M in the provision of a healthy and safe workplace.
· Report any incidents or accidents as per Company process.
· Undertake duties in accordance with the current O&M principles, policies, procedures and objectives.
– Promotes and protects brand identity standards
· Ensure that Brand image and position are properly maintained in all aspects visible to the customer, in accordance with brand standards.
· Represent Brand in a professional and positive manner when interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
· Ensure all activities of the marketing/communications department comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
· And other general tasks as required by the Management Team.