Day 2 of New Retail ’19 was all about logistics, supply chain, and fulfilment strategies that our delegates could tap into. The Fulfilment Summit was a much-awaited event in the industry as some have traveled far and wide just to take part and listen to global leaders in the field.
The opening remarks of summit was headed by Andy Powell, Co-Founder and Director, Agile Retailing. It was followed by a talk on Omni-fulfilment and Beyond by Jody Marshall, Group Product Manager Operations Domain of Walmart. The crowd also had incredible takeaways from SealedAir’s Alan Adams on his discussion about Understanding the environmental impact of e-commerce packaging. Jack Gance of My Chemist Warehouse, also shared his insights on innovating your supply chain
A Leaders’ Panel was held that gave the audience a general perspective on supply chain innovations. The panel was chaired by Andy Powell (Agile Retailing) with Ben Franzi (Australia Post), Jack Gance (My Chemist Warehouse) and Richard Whetton (Catch).
A Fulfilment with Amazon (FBA) 101 workshop was also conducted by Tom McCullagh (FBA Account Manager).
Here are the speakers and sessions for each stream of the Fulfilment Summit.
MAIN STAGE: PICK AND PACK
Chair: Andy Powell, Co-Founder and Director, Agile Retailing
- Do more with less: Enhancing efficiencies and optimising technology in your Supply Chain – John Bacon, Head of Supply Chain and Merchandise Support, Coles Liquor Group
- Reengineering your operating model to incorporate click and collect- Matt Rowse, Digital Business Manager, Supercheap Auto
- Balancing Bricks and Clicks: The benefits of mastering picking from store – Dean Salakas, Chief Party Dude, The Party People, Advisory Board Member, Tilly
- When to outsource? – Paul Waddy, Head of Operations, Showpo
- A unique supply chain: using progressive principles in ethical supply – Elisia Gray, Ethical Buyer, LUSH
- Case Study: The New Digital Frontier
Michael Davis, Account Director, GS1
STREAM A: LAST MILE
Chair: Robert Kinkade, Co-Founder, CX360
- Revitalise and Refresh: Optimising your supply chain to gain efficiency – Tony Villanueva, Supply Chain Director, The Body Shop
- An alternate perspective: Transformation and Fulfilment at Suncorp – Chris Fleming, Transformation Manager, Suncorp
- Same-day delivery: Necessity or a luxury? – Steve Fanale, CEO and Founder, Drive Yello
- Catch Up: Innovating the Last Mile – Richard Whetton, Head of Fulfilment, Catch.com.au
- Digital Information Supply Chain enables Omnichannel – Jonathan Moeller, Founder, foryouandyourcustomers
- Watching automation take off: The rise in the possibility for drones – Joel Spencer, CEO, The Institute for Drone Technology
STREAM B: PERSONALISED SERVICE
Chair: David Bissett, ANZ Consulting Partner, Crimson&Co
- Building a sustainable supply chain
Lisa McAuley, CEO, Global Trade Professionals Alliance
Molly Harris Olson, CEO, Fairtrade ANZ
Collins Rex, Senior Consultant, Global Trade Professionals Alliance
- The importance of tracking and traceability in your customer strategy- Rebecca Smith, Head of Marketing ANZ, Thankyou
- Personalising the customer experience – Ben Hare, Director & Chief Operating Officer, Tinyme
- Delivering luxury and delicate items – Gerry Gerard, CEO, Interflora
- Responding to customers on the move – Brendan Gillen, E-commerce Manager, Superdry
- Emergency: A case study on sensitive delivery from the Australian Red Cross – Annette Sando, National Supply Chain Manager, Australian Red Cross Blood Service
- T2’s transformation: Moving to an international, omnichannel market – Patrick Showyin, Supply Chain Director, T2
- Gaining competitive advantage by optimising Supply Chain Operations – Tina Hu, Supply Chain Director, Goodyear & Dunlop Tyres Australia & New Zealand
Check out exclusive interviews from some of the speakers at our FB Live Videos Feed.
If you’re curious about Days 1 and 3 of New Retail ’19, here are the links:
Don’t forget to subscribe to Retail Learning Channel to be on loop once all event content will be released online.