Day 3 of New Retail ’19 is the culmination of all things retail and beyond. Delegates had a closer look on the Asian marketplace at China & Beyond. Retailers who got to attend Fulfilment Leaders were able to re-evaluate their strategies in business. Global retail leaders from around the world took part in the event to share their insights to the Australian retail community.
The day’s opening remarks was lead by David Thomas, President of Australia-China SME Association. Dustin Jones, Managing Director of Fung Retailing Group, gave an opening keynote on Exploring the Chinese consumer and market. Kenny Chen of Australia Post shared a talk on Beyond the Silk Road, and Raymond Ma of Alibaba Cloud ANZ guided the audience on how to keep with the global shift in New Retail.
China & Beyond had a Leader’s Panel o the power of the Chinese consumer in Australia and the rest of the world. The panelists include Virginia Birrell (CEO, Australia China Business Council), Sam McConnell (Senior Journalist, Director of Content and Insights Power Retail), Gonul Serbest (CEO, Global Victoria), and Justin Howden (Group Head, Global Government Affairs and Industry Development, Swisse Wellness)
Here are the speakers and sessions for each stream on the last day of New Retail ’19.
MAIN STAGE: CHINA & BEYOND
- Learning from and Navigating International Regulation – Belinda Hay, Manager TradeStart and e-Commerce, Australian Trade Commission (Austrade)
- The Elusive Chinese Consumer: What can we learn from China about retail’s future? – Tina Le, Chief Commercial Officer, Stone Drums; Executive Director, Global Shoppers International
- Understanding the shift in Chinese physical retail formats – Catherine Cervasio, Founder, AromaBaby
- Driving innovation, creativity and sustainability through the Chinese beauty industry – Lin Lin Jacobs, CEO, China International Beauty Expo
- Case Study: From Collingwood to Beijing… Swisse’s Success in China
Justin Howden, Group Head, Global Government Affairs and Industry Development, Swisse Wellness
STREAM A: THE BEST OF PICK & PACK AND LAST MILE
Chair: Jeremy Meltzer, Founder, i=Change
- Creating a great customer experience with a timely delivery – Scott Shillinglaw, Operations and Supply Chain, The Nile
- Panel | Staying relevant in 2019: Earning customer trust with transparency & a purpose beyond product – Jeremy Meltzer, Founder, i=Change
- Play beyond targets: Helping your frontline leaders in a transformational phase – Paul Farina, Team Performance Specialist
- Ethical fulfilment: Inhouse fulfilment for boutique stores – Bonnie Murthy, Director, Vegan Wares
- Building your operating model: Bluescope Steel’s International Supply Chain Operating Model – Andrew Spence, National Manager Operations and Supply Chain, Bluescope Steel
Jeremy Meltzer, Founder of i=Change
- A retail trip around the world: Who is the best of breed globally and domestically? – Brian Walker, CEO, The Retail Doctor
Top 100 Global Retail Influencer
- The battle for improved customer service: An eCommerce Fulfilment Global Journey – Shane Lenton, Chief Information Officer, Cue Clothing
- Fireside Chat | Talent management in a time of disruptive change
Moderator: Dominique Lamb, CEO, National Retail Association
Cameron Douglas, Executive Director, Videopro
Peta Granger, Director, LUSH Australia
Alice Barbery, CEO, Universal Store
- Panel | Diversity in Leadership: Why this can help you understand culture, trade and regulation
Moderator: Alison Cusack, President, Women’s International Shipping and Trading Association
Brodie Collins, General Manager, Mondiale Freight Services
Rosalyn Gladwin, Principal, Gladwin Legal
Vanessa Rice, State Development Specialist – Marine, NTI Limited
- Optimising the supply chain – why simple isn’t stupid – Carly Cummings, National Network Optimisation Manager, Coca Cola Amatil
- Innovation Session| Co-creation: Creating memorable and impactful retail experiences – Danny Lattouf, Regional Head of Retail, VMLY&R ANZ.
Check out exclusive interviews from some of the speakers at our FB Live Videos Feed.
Here are the highlights of the past days at New Retail ’19:
Don’t forget to subscribe to Retail Learning Channel to be on loop once all event content will be released online.